Monday, September 26, 2011

"TapSiLog" (Befriegg)


Filipinos like us really love to eat perhaps that’s why we are so creative in naming our dishes. Who will not be familiar with the “SiLog”meals? “SiLog” or “sinangag” (garlic-fried rice) and “itlog” (fried egg) is a meal combined with another dish which primarily served during breakfast. There are the “Longsilog” (longganisa (sausage), fried rice and fried egg), “Tosilog” (tocino, fried rice and fried egg), “Chiksilog” (fried chicken, fried rice and fried egg),Hotsilog” (hotdog, fried rice and fried egg), and etc. but the most popular isTapsilog” or the combination of “tapa” (cured beef ), fried rice, and fried egg. Actually most of the restaurant that serves “tapsilog” was called “tapsihan or tapsilugan”. This slang word was accepted by the people and considered as a standard word in Filipino language.

There is no clear data that says where “tapsilog” was originated. Many restaurants and some people were claiming the discovery of “tapsilog” so no one can trace where the dish actually originated. According to my research “tapsilog” was first served in 1970s and popularized inthe 80’s comedy show “Iskul Bukol” by Tito, Vic and Joey. But what is clear is that we should thank whoever created this meal. Personally “tapsilog” is one of my favorite dishes and one of the “tapsilog” I find so delectable is the one served at Tapsi Ni Vivian. It is 80 pesos only but sure you’ll be satisfied and just right for your appetite. We maybe have different preferences on the way our “tapsilog” was served but what I love about their “tapsilog” is the sweet and salty favor and softness of the meat of their “tapa”, combined with the perfect blend of garlic in their fried rice, topped with sunny-side-up egg; Perfect match! My mouth is watering and it makes my taste buds tickling while describing it. I guess if your thinking that I’m over reacting you can try it for yourself and maybe you will taste what I’m saying. Just last Saturday my friends and I went at one of their branches at Project 3, Quezon City and just an opinion aside from delicious foods the place was relaxing, I love the ambiance and the crew was friendly and approachable. I think I can personally recommend it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment